Leaving Seattle for the big city

Monday, August 1, 2011

A Delicious Treat with Dad

After all the hassle of packing up and sending stuff home, I finally got to relax and enjoy a day with my dad. One of my favorite shows on TV is Cake Boss. I've always craved one of there pastries when watching it but this time I didn't have to because We went there! I was wanting to sleep in more but in order to not wait in a 3 hour line we had to get in gear. Thankfully I had google maps on my phone or else we would be lost. We got there 8:15 and saw the line across the street! So we hopped in line regardless of the wait. It took about 2 hours for the whole process! When it was our turn to order we got cannoli, a lobster tail, wedding cookies and a red velvet cupcake. It was the best dessert I have had! I got to see Buddy's sister...I think it was Grace and people were getting her autograph haha=) It was a lot more calmer than the show...less screaming and yelling! I saw the table where Buddy takes his orders and the little stair that he brings his cakes down! It was just so cool to be there!

After our treat we decided to go to the Brooklyn Bridge. I took some ballet picture there and just enjoyed the view. Our last stop of the day was the Empire State Building! We were very happy when there was almost no line to buy tickets and security. But then it came time to wait for the elevator which seemed forever! Once finished with that elevator there was another elevator line! We were not up for it! About half way through the line we saw people leaving the line to go somewhere else... which turned out to be the stairs! So we followed along... thankfully it was only 6 flights of steps. And so we thought that was the last line! We went out to the observation deck on the 86th floor! It was super high up and I was afraid I would drop my phone while trying to take pictures! I was blown away by the view... it was gorgeous! We saw almost everything.... my dad tried to find our hotel which was almost impossible. Besides the view the breeze felt nice. And we were done and dead for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment